Thursday, April 9, 2009

begin here




"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away." ~Endora Welty. 

So I was looking for good quotes on photography as I was going to try to be really philosophical with my first blog.  Is it cheating to use quotes you find by simply typing in google "cool photography quotes"?  I'm going to say probably but this is why I'm not a writer.  Thank you, Google and Ms. Welty.

Well step back a bit and yes, this is my first blog.  This is somewhat monumental to me if to no one else... no, I think my dad would be proud and my mom would be if she knew what a blog was but I don't think that is the case.  When I first saw blogs on other photography sites I thought, "Who wants to read what a photographer is thinking?"  Well it turns out that other photographers do as I really started to enjoy reading what projects people were working on and seeing the pictures of their jobs.  Well I decided that I have enough projects coming my way now that I would like to start documenting them.  If not for me, then for the other artists or at least my dad (again mom if she finds the world of blogging).  

So here it begins...
The latest project was assissting my friend, Jamie, for our friend Brooke's wedding.  Brooke had the blessing of having 4 friends with nice cameras, good eyes, and unfulfilled desires to shoot pictures.  Jamie was the coordinator and the other 3 of us were here assistants.  Most of the photography was up to Jamie though as the rest of us were also standing up in the wedding. It made for a lot of fun and some really great shots of the night.  It didn't hurt that the ceremony was in one of the most beautiful sanctuaries in Grand Rapids (if you're looking for a spot for your wedding may I strongly recommend LaGrave) and that Brooke and Jeff aren't too bad on the eyes either.  




No comments:

Post a Comment